Department of Chemical Engineering
Chemical Engineering M.Sc. Program is comprised of 21 credits (129 ECTS) of course work and the M.Sc. Thesis. To earn an M.Sc. degree in Chemical Engineering the candidate must complete the following requirements:
- Completion of the core courses: CHBE 512, CHBE 514 and CHBE 534 and one of the Research Methodology courses: BTEC 550 or ESYE 501 as an Area Elective course
- Completion of two Departmental Elective courses and one Free Elective course
- Completion of the Non-credit (NC) CHBE 590 Graduate Seminar course
- Preparation and completion of the M.Sc. Thesis (CHBE 600) successfully.
The educational objectives of our program are for our graduates to be qualified for executive, production, design and R&D positions in chemical and all -related industries and for conducting scientific research studies in the Ph.D. programs of high-quality national and foreign institutions and be capable of solving problems through systems approach.
The goals of the Chemical Engineering M.Sc. Program of Yeditepe University is to educate students to have a strong background in sciences and core chemical engineering and be capable of conducting innovative and independent research and be aware of the societal impacts of their professional practice.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Acquire expanded and in-depth information via performing scientific research in the field of Chemical Engineering, evaluate, interpret and implement knowledge.
- Be knowledgable in the contemporary techniques and methods applied in Chemical Engineering and their respective constraints.
- Be cognizant of the novel and developing applications of his/her profession, study and learn them as required.
- Formulate Chemical Engineering problems, develop methods to solve them and implement innovative techniques in solutions.
- Design and conduct analytical modeling and experimental research, analyze and interpret complex problems encountered in this process.
- Complete information via processing limited or incomplete data by the use of scientific methods and implement it; integrate knowledge from different disciplines
- Communicate in at least one foreign language at the level of European Language Portfolio B2 orally and in writing.
- Communicate stages and results of his/her studies in a systematic and clear manner orally or in writing in intra or interdisciplinary national and international settings
- Defines societal and environmental aspects of Chemical Engineering applications
- Observe social, scientific and ethical values during collection, interpretation, and dissemination of data and in all professional activities.
- Lead multidisciplinary teams, develop solution methodologies for complex problems and take responsibility
Click here for application process